Robert’s top travel photography tips – part one
Having dedicated my life to travel photography – creating a world famous travel photo agency with 1100 photographers working in the far-flung corners of the globe – I know what makes a great travel image. We’re always on the hunt for new talent so here are some of my top tips for all you aspiring travel photographers out there.
1. Let us imagine we’re there. Capture shots that entice your viewer to walk into the frame. The best travel photos make you want to be there.
2. Visit destinations during a cultural festival or event. Festivals provide great photo opportunities. Don’t forget to book accommodation early and arrive before the crowds though, as these events can get pretty packed – and make sure you find the best shooting positions BEFORE the action happens.
3. Find a high vantage point from which to shoot. Whether it’s Prague’s Old Town Hall tower or a hot air balloon in Turkey, you’ll be able to capture stunning views from above.
5. Fill the frame with colour. I love colour – it is the essence of travel photography and creates mood and atmosphere in your photographs.
6. Get up early for the best light. Capture the beautiful light and misty atmosphere of dawn, and get there before the crowds do.
See part two of Robert’s photography tips
Search our travel photography archive here