An Introduction on how to become a contributor
Our aim is to offer stunning photography & video, captured by our talented artists across the globe.
Our team are experienced, fast & friendly, & offer in-depth knowledge of our extensive collections. We source, edit, & present world-class content to enhance projects whether personal or commercial. We offer free picture research & a vast pool of over 20 million image files, all of the utmost quality, to call upon.
We are an independent picture agency, allowing us to offer simple licensing with quick & easy on-demand access.
We support diversity & inclusiveness & constantly strive to encourage support, & source new talent for our picture library, whilst understanding our footprint & presence within this ever-changing world. Let us bring the world together through the power of exceptional images and video.
Call to artists
Robert Harding photographers, go the extra mile to create stunning, distinctive, and award-winning images.
With a foothold in every corner of the globe, our content is fresh, inspiring & accurately documents our recognition and appreciation of the beauty in nature, travel, and wildlife. We are proud of our artists, and our independent picture library status, which allows us to work closely with each individual, offering feedback, guidance, and even tailored creative briefs based on their field of expertise. This is what makes us the destination for world-leading travel, nature and wildlife photography, and video.
You don’t need to be a professional, you just need commitment, passion, & the ability to provide new work on a regular basis.
Images or video we accept must be exclusive to us, this includes any similar work from the same shoot that was not selected. You are welcome to work with other agencies.
Accuracy – We will only accept images of the highest quality, with great composition and subject matter.
Subject Matter – Diversity & inclusiveness are at the forefront of our ethos. Wildlife photography should be respectful of the surrounding environment and follow conservation codes of conduct. We discourage photography that is staged, caged, or of captive subjects.
Format Requirements – Images must be submitted as highest quality jpegs and be a minimum of 5100 x 3400 pixels. Images should be native size and not be interpolated to reach this size as it reduces the quality. Images with digital artifacts, colour banding, sensor dust, over-sharpening, etc. will be rejected. For more information see our Submission and Upload Guidelines photograph submission and upload guidelines.
Picture Sets | Similar stock – Similars are images or videos that when put side by side would look to the viewer to be substantially the same. For example, images featuring the same model, location, background, composition, technique, concept, or a combination of these factors would be considered similar. Get in touch with us if you’re still unsure, we’re happy to help. We encourage our artists to contribute to our picture sets.
Drone content – Following our submission guideline, we accept drone content, subject to having and providing to us any required model/property releases for commercial use. However, there are legalities to be aware of when flying a drone to capture stills and video for commercial use. Video guidelines can be viewed here.
- It is unacceptable to photograph individuals without their consent, in public or private places where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.
- Photos of recognisable people or taken on private property or containing copyrighted/trademarked material must be submitted with a fully compliant model and or property releases or be carefully removed with photoshop (e.g license plates, logos, boat names, etc.).
- Please only use our releases which can be downloaded here
- Download Model & Property releases for your content
- For further information on licenses click here
Intellectual Property Rights –
- Intellectual property rights infringements are becoming an increasingly growing subject that many photographers may be unaware of. Intellectual property includes trademarks, designs, architecture, artworks, private property and rights to privacy.
- We regret we are unable to accept images or video of any sporting or concert events where commercial photography is prohibited. Many museums, castles or any property that charge visitor admission fees do not allow photography for commercial use without written permission. Other problematic subjects include graffiti and street art and any copyrighted artwork in a public space.
- Please research ahead of submitting any images but If you are unsure whether a particular place or subject may be an issue please contact us for advice.
- It is extremely important to accurately caption your images and video clips, customers expect images to be accurately described and our keyword team will use your captions to populate your images with useful keyword tags.
- You should only describe what is visible in the image.
- Use only English characters, our website cannot translate foreign language characters and these will appear unreadable.
- Images and clips featuring animals must include the common and scientific names of the species as well as the location shot. Images of captive animals cannot be accepted.
- Captions/descriptions must be written in the following format – Brief subject description, Location, Country. For example, Samba dancer in the Sambadrome, Rio Carnival parade, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
We do not accept transparencies or files scanned from transparencies.
We do not accept images or video shot on phones, low-end cameras or any cameras with less than 18mp sensors.
Your destination for world-leading travel & nature photography & videowww.robertharding.com
Our specialist areas are Travel, World Cultures, Wildlife, Nature and the Environment.
- We are particularly looking for a more diverse range of images depicting culture and life around the world. In particular festivals, local markets, food, traditions, customs, agriculture, industry, local economy, rural and urban scenes, architecture & businesses.
- There is a particular call for images and videos of travelers exploring and interacting with the local population. All the above shot in a contemporary and vibrant style.
- Trending content – We also publish to our social platforms, therefore content for Instagram stories & Reels, YouTube & candid behind-the-scenes footage or shots are welcome for more in-depth blog/story posts. If you would like to be featured, interviewed, or offer an editorial opinion piece, please do get in touch with our marketing team.
- Picture Sets & Similar stock – During an unpredictable time of travel restrictions, it can be a challenge for clients to send photographers on location for bespoke feature pieces. Therefore, we are building our picture sets for feature-worthy usage. We look for images from the same location, subjects, composition, tonal qualities, light & atmospheric feel. For visual inspiration, head to our blog and view our articles.